I was not paid for this post, but I was provided with the product. All opinions are strictly my own.
Seriously? Your nails tell a story? I chuckled at the thought before I started to write this. But, I then started doing a bit of
research probably unreliable internet surfing and found some interesting info regarding nail design and colors. The more I thought about it, I was like, “Huh, that actually seems kind of true.” Have you ever noticed how your mood or your personality causes you to gravitate to a certain color? I don’t know the science behind it all (nor do I honestly care to research deeply into it), but if you think about it, colors and designs have a way of representing who you are or what you are feeling. For example, when I’m angry, the color I would immediately associate with it is red. Don’t we all? (Okay, maybe you don’t, but I think a majority of people probably do. Yes? No?)
Keeping that in mind, is it possible that our nails say something about us? I’ll be honest and say that I usually don’t do much with my nails. I don’t have the time or money to run and get a pedicure, nor do I have the time or patience to paint my nails. I’ve got the voice of “Sweet Brown” running through my head saying, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!” But, I do try to keep my nails clean and “polished” looking (which apparently is also part of what your nails say about you).
Let me share with you a little bit of the “research” I found . . .
- WHAT YOUR DESIGN/COLOR CHOICE SAYS ABOUT YOUR PERSONALITY:
- Neon – You’re silly and fun, usually the life of the party.
- Dark – You are strong, confident, and like to add a bit of mystery to who you are.
- Graphics/Designs – You are creative and optimistic.
- Gray – You are chic and stylish.
- Red – You are confident about who you are and aren’t afraid to express that.
- Clear – You love DIY projects and anything that you can add your own creative twist to.
- Floral – You are sweet, polite, and responsible.
- Glitter – You are easily distracted and somewhat impatient but are a lot of fun to be around.
- Nude – You are smart and more traditional and love classic styles.
- Pink – You are a girly girl, young at heart, and love a good pampering.
- Studded – You pretend to be tough, but you have a huge heart for those you love and are extremely faithful to your friends.
- WHAT YOUR COLOR CHOICES SAY:
- Red – power, strength, love, passion
- Pink – tranquil, warm, loving, romance, sweetness, playfulness, gladness
- Yellow – happiness, joy, sunlight, optimism, laughter, friendship
- Orange – bold, hard to miss, fascination, warmth, happiness
- Purple – prosperity, wisdom, sophistication, enchantment, devotion, trust
- Blue – intelligence, trust, efficiency, serenity, stability
- Green – calmness, balance, restoration, harmony, richness
- Black – authority, power, sophistication, strength, somberness, mystery, elegance
- Gray – neutral, tiredness, lack of confidence
- Coral – desire, love
- Peach – wisdom, gratitude, appreciation
- White – purity, innocence, perfection, hope, unity, long-lasting
So, why in the world am I talking about all of this?
A little while back, I was contacted by Amanda Thompson of AnthJams, who is a Jamberry consultant. She asked if I would be willing to do a post about Jamberry, if she sent me some supplies. I’ll admit that I wasn’t sure at first. The voice of “Sweet Brown” started running through my head. I thought, How in the world will this pregnant mom of 3 crazy boys find any time to put these nail things on?! Ain’t nobody got time for that! But, I decided to go ahead with it and see how it would go. I’ll admit that I was pleasantly surprised. Though my first attempt took me a little while, I found myself getting faster and faster with each nail. I know that the more I apply these Jamberry nails, I’ll become really quick at it which is a huge plus for a busy mommy like myself, who has very little time to spare!
I think the hardest part was trying to decide what designs to put on which nails. Amanda had sent me the wraps, “Desert at Dusk.”
It was SO hard to decide which ones I wanted to use! I loved them all! They were pink and fun and immediately made me think of love and happiness. (See? There is some merit to my research findings!) My decision ended up being mostly based on what fit properly to each finger. I’ll explain more about that during the “how to” process. Of course, because I love all things DIY, I just HAD to show you how to apply these lovely little beauties!
First, you’re going to need the following supplies:
The most ideal thing would be to get these supplies from Jamberry. BUT, if you are short on money, you can certainly use what you already have, including just simply using a hair blow dryer as your heater!
Step One: Clean your nails with an alcohol wipe. (This gets any oils and dirt off your nails.)
Step Two: Use the cuticle pusher to push back your cuticles. This step is very important!
Step Three: Size the wraps to your fingernails. You want the wrap to be slightly smaller than your nail. If it’s at all bigger than your nail, you run into the issue of having overhang edges and possible peeling of the wraps. You certainly don’t want that to happen!
Step Four: Use one of the wooden orange sticks to grab the wrap. Try to avoid touching the sticky side of the wrap with your fingers, as the oils from your fingers could ruin its effectiveness.
Step Five: Use the nail scissors to cut the wrap in half.
Step Six: With the wrap attached the stick, hold the wrap up to the mini heater (or your blow dryer) and heat for 3-4 seconds. (I think this mini heater is so neat! It has a stand and an easy-to-push “on” button on the back. Having this really helped speed things up a lot!)
Step Seven: Apply the wrap to your nail, with the rounded side on the bottom edge of your nail (closest to the cuticle).
Step Eight: Use your thumb to firmly press the wrap to your nail.
Step Nine: Use the cuticle pusher to firmly secure the edges of the wrap.
Step Ten: Using the nail scissors and nail clippers, trim off the excess parts of the wrap.
Step Eleven: File the edges of your nail by filing in a downward motion. Do NOT file from side to side! The idea is to get the tiny bits of edge of wrap off the end of the nail without ruining the wrap.
Step Twelve: Hold your wrapped nail up to the heater for 10-15 seconds to help the wrap securely adhere to your nail.
Step Thirteen (optional): Apply the nail oil to your cuticle and sides of your fingernail.
And voila! You are done! Repeat this process for the rest of your nails. I promise that it does get easier and quicker with each nail.
I’ll admit that I wasn’t exactly sure about this particular nail design. But, I love them! Not to mention, these beauties hold up to a lot! I’ve been wearing these wraps for a while now, and I haven’t had any issues with the edges coming up or them peeling/scraping off. I haven’t been trying to be careful with my nails at all, and they still look good! I can’t wait to try other designs! This skeptic has now been turned into a customer. Even my kiddos have been admiring my new nails. For my active boys to notice these little beauties is quite something!
Now, I can’t wait to tell you about the awesome giveaway we have going on! I am teaming up with Amanda to offer two prizes for TWO different winners! Yay! The great thing about this giveaway is that both men and women can enter. Men, think about how awesome it would be to give your girl this great gift!
Winners will receive the following:
- Grand Prize Winner – $75 e-gift certificate to Amanda’s Jamberry site
- Runner-Up Winner – A set of the “Patriot” nail wraps. These beauties are PERFECT for the upcoming 4th of July celebrations! (I’m just so in love with the different patriotic wraps they currently have available. I can’t wait to don these beauties for July 4th!)
- Giveaway ends at midnight EST on Saturday, June 27.
- Winners will be announced via social media on Saturday, June 27 and contacted by email.
- Winners will have until 7:30 a.m. (EST) on Monday, June 29 to respond to the emails. If there is no response, a new winner or winners will be announced later that day on Monday.
- Giveaway is only open to residents of the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Enter the giveaway via the rafflecopter below.
Have you ever used Jamberry nails? Do you like them?