Because sometimes goals are what push me through . . .
I don’t know about you, but I always tend to feel more motivated when I establish goals for myself. When I don’t have goals, I meander like a wanderer from project to project and end up with a million incomplete projects and a room full of clutter. Sadly, I wish I could say I was figuratively speaking. *insert emoticon of monkey covering eyes here*
I know that this might be a post that few people will want to read, and I’m okay with that. I just wanted to put this out there for both accountability and well, to have it
written typed down somewhere. And why not on my blog where the whole world can help keep me accountable? Hoo boy! So, will you do that? Will you help me stay accountable? Maybe even shoot me some encouraging emails or facebook messages when you see me slacking? All I ask is for niceness. I’m fragile. Lol! (Wow, yes, I totally just used “lol” on my blog. The English part of me is screaming at me right now. It’s called “creative license,” right?)
Anywho. I decided that I should set goals for myself on all levels during this deployment. My reasons being:
- Trying to meet each goal will help pass the time.
- It will get me in the groove of staying motivated and push me past the meandering phase.
- It will help me become more responsible. Man, this adulting thing can be so hard sometimes.
- It will (hopefully) make me into a better person overall.
- I want to be successful.
My hope is to update you all on my goals each month. You may or may not have to keep me accountable on that. Smh!
And now for my goals . . .
- Lose 60 lbs. Before my husband left for deployment, I had told myself that I would lose weight while he’s gone and try to get back to the weight I was when Ian was a baby. When I initially set that goal for myself, the goal was 70 lbs. Well, I have lost 10 lbs so far and have 60 to go! It’s been rough and difficult. My weight has been going through some fluctuations. It probably has more to do with my emotions. Some days I feel great, and other days I just want to eat a tub of ice cream. Don’t judge. Being a mom is haaaaard!
- Cut our debt in half. This goal might be a stretch, but I know it’s possible! We had utilized Dave Ramsey techniques in the past but kind of got away from it before the move out here. Man, the move KILLED us financially! After talking to several other people who’ve had to make the move out here, apparently the story is the same for most. Poo! Anyway, my in-laws let us borrow the Dave Ramsey program, so I’m going to attempt to watch the videos and start being really serious about implementing his techniques.
- Spend time with the Lord every day. This is something that has already improved quite a bit since my husband left, but there’s definitely a lot more room for improvement.
- Establish a better daily routine for the kids. Things have been mostly on the fly lately, though we do have a few established things, like movie night. But, I want to try to fit some more things in and keep a good schedule going.
- Making chore charts for myself and the kids. I have found that creating chore checklists have become super helpful, so I’m going to create fun-looking ones that I can laminate and use over and over again.
- Take the kids to the park more often. I’ve gotten so bad about this, mainly because it’s been SO hot! But seriously, they need more park/outside play time.
- Create a good working schedule for all of my business needs!
- Finish baby nursery. Ack! Our poor baby girl still does not have a completed nursery. This is not okay! This needs to be done ASAP!!
- Blog at least 3 times a week. I have gotten a bit slack on my blogging. A part of me is thinking, “Is this too much of an aspiration? Will I run out of things to write about?” Well, with my crazy life and the millions of thoughts that run through my head every day, I can’t believe I asked myself that second question. But, as far as time is concerned, I don’t want to end up shooting myself in the foot. I guess we’ll see!
- Write free E-book. I mentioned my e-book plan on facebook and to my current email subscribers. I’m going to be writing an e-book that will be available for free through this here blog, and I am so excited about this project! My hope is to have it finished by mid-July.
- Run a new giveaway once a month. Speaking of which, I have an awesome giveaway going on right now! Be sure to go check it out!!
- Respond to comments and emails within 24 hours. Oh man, I struggle with this a lot. I always eventually get around to my responses days or even, weeks later. That is not acceptable, in my opinion! I seriously need to do better with this!
- Be more interactive on social media and through emails.
- Check for messages and orders every day.
- Work on orders on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, if there are any orders to make.
- Create and add at least one new item per shop once a week.
- Learn more and practice. Practice makes perfect, right? I know there are so many things I have to learn about photography and editing. So, I will dive in and learn what I can with whatever time I have.
- Book at least one photo shoot per month. Because photography really is a back-burner project for me right now, a photo shoot per month is fine with me!
- Complete current editing projects.
There might be more projects that I’m totally not thinking of, but my brain is a fried noodle right now.
That’s all, folks! Stay tuned next month for the follow-up progress post and help me stay motivated along the way!
Do you have any goals for this year? Feel free to share them with me in the comments!